Friday, September 11, 2009

Boats in the Harbor, Maine Scene

I traveled to Maine last month for my son's wedding and saw some spectacular scenery. The light there is unlike any I have encountered in my other travels. It is hard to describe in words, so I will just have to paint it! There was no time for plein-air painting, so I took lots of photos. When I saw these boats tied to a floating dock, I knew it would be my first Maine painting. You can't imagine the impact the scene made upon this formerly land-locked Midwesterner. The reflections on the water, the way the light hits the boat - everything about it - said we aren't in Iowa any more.

Watch for this painting on EBay and next week on Art Helping Animals and Daily Painters. 20% of the sale will be donated to Old Dog Haven. Click to see EBay listing. Or email me for more information

No comments: