Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Persian Beauty Cat Portrait

Perfection
Persian Cat
Pastel

A small pastel portrait of an elegant and beautiful cat. This one was begun in black and white charcoal pencils and finished in pastel for more depth. The serene green eyes and soft fur, with subtle blue and lavender tones in its shadows,  were a delight to render. Persians have always been a favorite of mine, not only for their beautiful appearance but also for the sense of serenity and regal bearing. And I have learned from people who have lived with them that they are also playful, they can be a bit willful, and most of them are very affectionate.

Canson MiTientes is still my favorite surface for pastels.  I like the soft side of the paper, which some artists believe is the "wrong" side. It has just enough texture to hold the pastels without the regular weave pattern that seems distracting for me.  Having said that, I also occasionally like to experiment with other papers,  especially those that are "sanded" and some really nice ones with the feel of suede. Variety and experimenting keeps my passion for art alive.

This and other paintings are available through my online gallery, The Creative Spirit Gallery, Art by Della Burgus

Or email me at dellartist@yahoo.com

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Another beautiful painting, my friend! I received my ribbon and cross. Thank you. Much love to you. XO