Thursday, December 13, 2012

Three Dogs of Christmas

Brown

Thought I would share with you some of the things that have been keeping me busy the past few weeks.  This handsome fellow is named Brown.  His family celebrated Christmas early this year so I am able to share this portrait now.  I fell in love with this guy while doing the painting.  He looks like a sweet, gentle soul and I love his expression.

The reason for the early celebration is a young man who belongs to this pretty lady. Her name is Blaze. She has two portraits, this first one  I call "Hunter Blaze," because the picture came from a photo of her on a hunting trip with her young man.  He is currently serving our country in the military and was able to come home for Christmas in November.  Isn't that great?  I once heard the Golden Retriever described as a dog who thinks that  "Every day is a party and that he/she is the guest of honor." Don't you just love Golden Retrievers?  So full of life and spirit - and they just ooze joy. 

Hunter Blaze

The second portrait of Blaze shows her other side,  the feminine, flirty girl, the one who likes to chase tennis balls and tug on toys.  I call this painting "Glamor Blaze,"  because it looks like one of those celebrity photos or "glamor shots" that were popular a few years ago.  She seems to be saying, "Aren't I just the prettiest girl you ever saw?"

Glamor Blaze

It is now by my count twelve days until Christmas and I have lots left to do.  So many dogs, so little time.  When the portraits are finished, I still have shopping and wrapping to do, trees to decorate and a pie or two to bake. Love this time of year,  it is always touch and go, but somehow I do get it all done. I hope...

No comments: