Saturday, November 17, 2012

Maine Coon Cat pastel by Della Burgus

Main Coon Cat
Pastel
5.5 x 7.5

Taking a little time out from painting commissions to share with you this small pastel, a close up of one of my favorite cats, the Main Coon.  This one has everything - beauty, brains, intelligence and a well-developed sense of humor.  He loves to play and loves to love.  He can often be found napping on top of cupboards and refrigerators, but his very favorite place to be is on a nice, warm lap.

Lately I have been painting pets and other loved ones for people to give as Christmas gifts.  I love doing commissions, but they can become overwhelming if I don't remember to take a little time to make art just for the joy of painting.  This little bundle of joy will appear in the Chisholm Trail Art blog this weekend and on Daily Painters and Art Helping Animals next week.  Also, look for it and other artwork in my Zibbet Shop.  Click on the link below

Art by Della Burgus


No comments: