Thursday, August 19, 2010

End of Summer Madness

If I were to say "Butter Cow" what would you think of?
Or, "A Butter Tribute to Dr. Suess?"

Green Eggs and Ham, anyone?





How about "Star Boars?"


Jabba the Hutt
Artist at work.















Corn dog on a stick? Chicken on a stick? Octodog (hotdog in the shape of an octopus)? Chocolate-dipped cake on-a-stick? Pork chop on-a-stick?  Fried pickle on-a-stick? Chicken lips on-a-stick (breaded chicken breast smothered with hot sauce, served with blue cheese dressing)? Deep fried Twinkie on-a-stick? Chocolate-covered tiramisu on-a-stick? That is just a small sampling.  I didn't eat any of those things, but I did have a foot-long hot dog. Please don't tell my doctor!


If you guessed, the Iowa State Fair, you must be from my part of the country.  Of course it wasn't all craziness.

I did see some gorgeous horses...                      And some beautiful artwork...









       



Not to mention the baby lambs and goats: the chickens, the ducks and giant pumpkins.



I was sorry to see that the Old Goose Herder and his gaggle were missing this year...
I had loved them so much last year.  Wonder what happened to them?  Well, they still might make a good painting. ..


And I did make a new friend. She doesn't talk much but she seemed very friendly and listened to everything I said...


She is the one on the right....

It was a long day and I am still exhausted.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I've heard about the Iowa State Fair all my life and have put it on my bucket list. I love those butter statues! You are so funny...with your new friend! Glad you had a good time!
♥Vicki