Monday, November 23, 2009

Equine Art Western Horses Palomino Horse


"When I Look In Your Eyes"
by Della Burgus
Acrylic on Studio Wrapped Canvas 
8 x 10 x .75
This painting is Sold, 

 
This painting was inspired by the song from the movie musical, Dr. Dolittle, the 1967 version starring Rex Harrison.  While the production itself was somewhat forgettable, I will always remember the song written by Leslie Bricusse.  The lyrics are haunting, and they speak to anyone who has ever loved and been loved by an animal...

When I look in your eyes, I see the wonder of the world in your eyes,
And it is no surprise, to see the softness of the moon in your eyes
The gentle sparkle of the stars in your eyes,When I look in your eyes
In your eyes, I see the deepness of the sea
I see the deepness of the love
The love I feel you feel for me...



As you are giving thanks for all God's gifts this holiday season, please remember to be thankful for the wonderful creatures who share our planet. They love us, serve us with devotion, give us laughter and tears, sometimes they are the only ones who understand us.  They ask nothing in return but our love - and once in a while, maybe a treat. My dogs told me to say that.

I hope that you will remember all those, both human and animal, who do not have the comforts that we enjoy,  pray for them and find a way to bless them if you can.


The complete lyrics to this song are printed below. Be sure you have a Kleenex handy!


1 comment:

Barbara Sweetwood said...

I am looking for a picture like this to use for the cover of my new book.