Friday, November 06, 2009

Best in America Pastel Artists

It's not the Magic Bunny...

Recently I shared the news that two of my paintings have been selected for Volume 2 of Best in America Pastel Artists, and left it up to you to figure out which paintings were selected. Well, here is a hint for you - it isn't the Magic Bunny...

I heard from my publisher today, (I have always wanted to say something like that!!!) and was informed that there has been a delay in printing so the books will not be delivered until mid-December. This is somewhat disappointing because I was getting really excited about seeing it this month, but I will just have to wait. Several weeks ago they sent me the "proofs" of my two page spread, so I do know what is coming. The printing and layout are beautiful. I also saw a "flip version" of the book online and I am really impressed with the other artists and their work. I am in very good company. It is a great honor and very humbling to be included.

I have to tell you that this is a dream come true for me - winning a spot in a book with such talented artists! Don't ever give up on your dreams - if it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone.

2 comments:

L. D. said...

Great work. I am anxious to see the book in December. You were deserving to be selected for this book.

OiseauBird said...

Congratulations !

I love very much animals paintings

Have a good Sunday