Monday, August 17, 2009

Child's Portrait

Click on image for larger view

"Joyful Spirit"
Pastel by Della Burgus
Image size 9 x 14

Commissions accepted


This joyful little darling is a commissioned piece that has just been finished. To me the expression on her face says "Childhood," that beautiful, innocent time of life when the world is a wonderful place full of love and happiness, before our lives become overtaken with cares and worries.

The painting is being listed on Daily Painters and Art Helping Animals as an example of my commissioned portraits. For many years my primary work was in portraiture, and that influence is still evident in my art to this day. I love to do intimate little paintings that show the spirit and character of my subjects.

A limited number of pastel portrait commissions from photos will be accepted before Christmas. In order to purchase a portrait as a Christmas gift, it must be ordered by September 8. Image sizes range from 8 x 10 for a head and shoulders pose, up to 12 x 16 for a three quarter pose, as shown above. Prices range from $120 to $170. All pastel paintings are matted to a standard frame size and ready for you to frame. Email me for more information.

10% of the sale of this particular painting is being donated to Old Dog Haven. When you commission a portrait, I will donate 10% of the sale to the Art Helping Animals charity of your choice. Those are listed on the Art Helping Animals blog. Please click the link for more information.

Since there are so many children in this world who do not have the happy childhood depicted in this painting, I will donate an additional 10% of the sale to Children's Cup - International Relief. Please click the link for more information.

No comments: