Monday, July 27, 2009

In the Misty Moonlight


I love painting horses, and I love creating a mood. White horses lend themselves well to mood-making because their beautiful white coats reflect the colors of the light. And light is what sets a mood. I think of this painting as a lyrical one, poetry in line and color, and I hope that it brings the viewer into a place of peace and harmony. When I need a sense of peace, I can find it in nature - animals, flowers, the sea - someplace untouched and unaffected by the stress and pressure of human existence. I learn from nature to be exactly what God created me to be, nothing more and nothing less, to cease from striving, competing, achieving, and simply to be, and to enjoy.


Misty Moonlight
Original Acrylic
On Stretched, wrapped canvas
14 x 11 x .75 inches
All edges painted, no staples showing. Can be displayed with or without a frame.

Sold


Sorry, this painting has been sold, but please visit my website for other work still available.



20% of the sale of this painting will be donated to True Blue Animal Rescue.


1 comment:

Anni Jones Photography said...

Hi Della,
WOW what a delightful art blog.And you are helping the animals (love that)
Your work is beautiful!!! I will be stopping by again to see what wonderful things you are drawing and painting!
Have a great day, :) Anni