Sunday, May 03, 2009

Cavalier King Charles

(Sorry, this painting is no longer available., but I promise to paint another CKC soon)

I love all dogs and over the years have painted many different breeds, as well as mixed breeds. I have come to believe that all dog people are certain that their favorite breed is the very best. And I am sure they are all right about that. Because they are all the best.

One of the breeds that commands the most loyalty from its people is the Cavalier King Charles. And the reasons are obvious - the regal appearance, the large, loving eyes and the gentle manner, combined with a happy disposition and friendly spirit. Their fur is soft and silky, and I defy anyone to resist petting them. Usually they don't mind.

This particular painting was sold this week, but I will paint others, because they are fun and challenging to do, and because I get lots of requests for them. As with all of my paintings, a portion of the sale is donated to an animal charity. For the CKC paintings, the charity is Old Dog Haven, a wonderful organization with a heart for senior dogs. Last week I received an email from Judith at ODH, telling me that their newest Cavalier, who is blind and suffers from heart disease, delivered two puppies just ten days after moving in. She is a wonderful mom.

If you don't know about Old Dog Haven, please check out their website.
And also the website of Art Helping Animals, a group of professional artists who donate a portion of their sales to animal charities. I am a proud member of this group which has raised over $60,000 for animal charities.

Old Dog Haven


Art Helping Animals


Oh, by the way, I share my life with a Toy Poodle and a Border Collie - and they are ALSO the best dogs in the world. Because all dogs are...

No comments: