Thursday, April 23, 2009

Passion for Painting Award


Good news! I have been presented with the prestigious Passion for Painting Award, by the internationally admired and respected artist, Vernita Bridges Hoyt. It is indeed an honor. Vernita is a wonderful animal artist, and her still lifes, landscapes, and portraits are simply fantastic. You can see her work on her blog, Texas Sauce Art Life or on Art Helping Animals.

Thank you, Nita. This is the best thing that has happened to me all day, well, I can safely say all month. As a matter of fact it is probably the best thing that has happened to me all year.

I have been asked to list seven things that I love and then pass the award on to seven other people.

Seven things I love, (aside from painting)
1. My family
2. My critters, in no particular order: Button, toy poodle, Barney, tan and white Border Collie, Yellow Kitty, a yellow and white kitty, lots of zebra finch and five cockatiels.
3. Reading mysteries
4. Lilacs in the spring
5. Painting vacations along the shores of Lake Superior
6. Horses
7. Cafe mochas

I need to collect some names, and will present the award to them as they occur to me. Very soon. One thing I forgot to mention is "naps," which I need right now.

No comments: