Friday, March 13, 2009

Black and White and Black - Kittens by Della Burgus

Two little kittens - one peaceful and serene, waiting to cuddle on your lap and purr; the other ready for action, looking for something to stalk or chase...

A friend of mine found this painting buried in my blog. I had listed it once on eBay, nobody looked at it, so I put it away and forgot about it. But my friend chose it as one of her top twenty favorites of all my artwork, so I gave it a second look. I dusted it off, renewed it, cropped it a bit, re-photographed it and here it is. Not a rerun, but a restored original! The moral of this story is: don't give up on anything. Just continue to paint the world you see, and sooner or later someone will appreciate your viewpoint.

Black and White and Black
by Della Burgus
Pastel on Colorfix Pastel Paper, 12 x 14
mounted on foam core, matted with a double white mat

$75

20% will be donated to
Tabby's Place, A Cat Sanctuary


To purchase email the artist
Email Della

No comments: