Sunday, September 21, 2008

English Springer Spaniel

The Dog Show

I went to a dog show recently. It was the best gift that I could give myself. Dogs have a wonderful effect on people. Well, most people. There were six of these spaniels sitting on grooming tables, some being groomed, others waiting to show. It was an amazing sight. Most of them were black and white, almost identical. They looked regal and serene and beautiful. This one was a different color, a little excited and extremely friendly. Reached out his paw for a "shake" to people as they walked by. Of course, I wanted one of these for my own, but of course, with two dogs already in the house that isn't going to happen. I didn't get to see them show, even though I hung around most of the day. I met a lot of nice, happy dogs, from very large to very small, and I thought about how nice it was for God to make all of them to make our life more livable.

The least we can do is try to return the favor. If you share your life with dogs, give them as good a life as you possible can, love them, enjoy them while you can, because they won't be around on this earth forever. Make every day as precious for them as they do for you.

This painting is currently on the Art Helping Animals blog, http://arthelpinganimals.blogspot.com
Check out the eBay auction
Click here for auction

20% of the sale will be donated to Old Dog Haven. They do great work for senior dogs. Check out their website: www.OldDogHaven.org

No comments: