Thursday, March 01, 2007

Elegance Personified

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Usually I post on Tuesdays and Fridays, or at least I try, but here it is Thursday already. Chalk it up to one nasty snowstorm and one painting that wouldn't take a good picture. I will try to make it up to you tomorrow by showing you two works in progress that should be completed some time next week. I like to work on more than one thing at a time -- it keeps me from "overworking" a piece.
This elegant creature will be on eBay sometime today. The painting is in pastel on a new surface by Jack Richeson, called Unison Premium Pastel Surface mounted on Gatorboard. It is new to me anyway. The surface is said to "grab" the pastel a little more than regular pastel paper so less fixative is used and less care in handling is necessary. That remains to be seen. I do enjoy trying new things even though they sometimes don't work out. I fell in love with pastel the first time I tried it, but I did have to try it. The same with acrylic, but I had to "try" it several times before I finally decided to like it. All of my favorite stand-bys began as trying out something new. And that's my thought for today.


P.S. There is a "blizzard warning" out for toda, so if we lose our power, I won't post tomorrow either!

No comments: