Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Dancing With Waves III

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Out of a dream or, perhaps, one of my mother's bedtime stories, comes a beautiful white horse, running beside the seashore, with a lighthouse in the distance. Though this scene appears peaceful and serene, it was completed during a time of turmoil in my life. Painting in pastel takes me to quiet, gentle places, filled with joy and beauty. Even those paintings that are full of drama, movement and bright colors seem to help me find my center and feel the touch of God. There is something about painting living things--animals, seascapes and flowers -- that comfort and strengthen me. It is a beautiful world after all.

This large pastel painting (matted to 22 x 28) will be listed on eBay this evening or tomorrow. A horse of a different color is coming soon and a kitten will be ready by early next week.

No comments: